What is in e-liquid?
Firstly be patient because vaping does require a little getting used to.
Secondly your taste buds have been heavily dulled by years or even decades of smoking so it makes perfect sense that a lot of e-juice won’t taste exactly like you’d expect.
In time if you keep off the cigarettes your taste buds will start to recover and you’ll discover that everything tastes better, not just e-juice.
The e-liquid is heated up to create the flavoured vapour that you inhale.
Provided that you always source your liquid from reputable suppliers who can guarantee that they are of pharmaceutical quality, there are four components to e-liquid:
- Propylene Glycol (PG) - Which is also found in asthma inhalers, smoke machines, bags of salad, toothpaste, moisturiser
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Which is also found in many food items
- Nicotine (optional) - To satisfy your craving. Available in various strengths, to enable you to wean yourself off it slowly
Flavouring - Liquids contain a mixture of natural and artificial flavourings.
There are three types of e-liquids:
- High PG liquids (at least 30VG:70PG) produce less vapour but carry a lot of flavour and provide a strong throat hit
- High VG (at least 70VG:30PG) liquids are smoother and produce more vapour but don’t always carry as much flavour. High VG is best for blowing bigger clouds
- 50/50s - Other e-liquids can be mixed with an equal amount of both PG and VG or maybe 10% more of one or the other.
Did you realize that you should shake your e-liquid before each use? This helps make sure that the PG/VG mixture and the nicotine are properly mixed, that way you are always sure to get a quality vape.
Everyone is different so it is really an individual thing when finding which ratio is for you.
We at JJs Jems recommend the ratio of ☆80PG/20VG☆